Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Great Buy!

I discovered a wonderful product, well actually Todd did. He always seems to find such nifty things. Ok here it is, are you excited? It's Vicks Wearable Thermometers! They work from birth and up. There are 6 stickers total and you place one in baby's underarm. After 2-3 minutes you can check baby's temperature and then you can check the temperature all night. We have had these for a while but have not had a reason to use them yet. Tonight I decided to try it out. I placed one in Kiera's underarm after 3 minutes I checked her temperature with the wearable thermometer and with the thermometer that we normally use, and. . . they matched up!

If you already know about these:

1.Why didn't you share with me??????

2. Don't you just love them!?

I don't know about other kids out there, but Dylan HATES having his temperature taken. It is always atleast a 10 minute battle with him to get an accurate reading. Yes, I did say 10 minutes, that is because he fights the thermometer so much he won't keep his arm down or let me measure in his ear.
I don't remember where we bought these but as soon as I find them again I will buy as much as possible.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip! Believe it or not, Caleb still throws a fit about having a thermometer under his arm. Stickers we can do!

Leigh said...

Yes, I already have them and I'm sorry for not sharing! Most of the time Noah peels his off though. So if you have a kiddo that likes to get naked and into trouble that'll probably be the case....Don't think I've tried them on Rea or Gman. But they are accurate.

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

i found some at walgreens...sadly they didn't work for us....i use the forehead scanner on the big kids and the old up the butt digital for Lily until she is older LOLLLLLLLLL