Thursday, March 6, 2008

Sleeping and Whatnot

I'm sure some of you thought we were taking a sabbatical again. This was written up a few weeks ago, but we're just now posting, sorry.

It is 4:30 in the morning both kids started to talk to me through the monitor at 3:15 but I didn’t quite figure it out until 3:30. They were both very polite with telling me that they were awake and would like some food but the politeness was beginning to fade. Of course Todd is snoring the whole time and has no clue what is going on. Now as I said before, it’s after 4:30 in the morning both kids have been fed, diaper changed and wrapped back up in their new blankets from Aunt Teah and they are both WIDE awake. Dylan is just looking around and Kiera is talking constantly to me, neither one with the slightest bit of interest in going back to sleep. See wide eyes below.


So we finally went out and bought a Bumbo and they love it, especially Dylan. Kiera likes it but only for a little bit. Dylan on the other hand just sits back and relaxes. He looks as if all he needs is something to drink and a newspaper or a really good novel.


Because of their size we can no longer lay them across the mattress (which gives more room on each side of them). They now lay normally along the mattress and they both still have to swaddled tight. Every night when we put them in the crib they start off at one end and somehow end up down at the other end. Now please remember from previous sentence that they are both wrapped tight with maybe just 1-2 arms free. Here is a picture of Kiera in the crib, Dylan is not feeling well and in the other crib, she started out at the other end and now her feet are about to be sticking out between the rails at the opposite end. Even crazier is that she has only been in the crib for 30 minutes and she’s not pushing herself up with her feet, she’s scooting down towards her feet. How does she do it and how do they do it together when they are both in the crib?




Todd’s Note: Okay, its about 6:30 in the morning and there’s a note to read the new blog entry. I’ve done as asked and decided to add a little note myself. Crying babies caused us to go to sleep late again. At 5:00 in the morning, I woke up to the kids talking through the monitor to let us know they’re awake. Maddy is…well…I’m not allowed to say she’s snoring, but…I’ll just say that she’s sleeping pretty hard. I walk in the nursery and the kids eyes are wide open. They see me and go crazy – laughing, screaming, kicking – they’re excited to see someone - probably doesn't matter that its me at all! So I’ve been up feeding and playing with them since 5 and I’m obviously not getting any more sleep. This is going to be a great day at work. :)

3 comments:

Matthew & Jessica said...

Oh I LOVE the last picture!! I cannot believe how much they have grown!

AW said...

Guys, they are just beautiful babies! Just beautiful!

Jon is the same way in the morning. As soon as he sees you, he just lays there laughing and flinging his arms and legs around like an overturned turtle. Who can resist such charm and joy, even if it is 5 am?

Leigh said...

Wow! Those are some beautiful babies yall have there.